BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) The Buffalo Common Council voted to rename a portion of Fillmore Ave to Black Lives Matter Way Tuesday.
This comes after Buffalo teen Mekhi Edwards penned a two-page letter to the Common Council, asking that a city street be designated for Black Lives Matter back in June.
The street will run from Fillmore Avenue and Main Street to Fillmore and Seneca Street.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- Texas man drinks ‘cloudy liquid’ as he’s found guilty of sex crimes, dies after leaving courtroom
- Benefit for young woman paralyzed from crash next weekend
- Worried about back-to-school inflation? Latest price data on backpacks, laptops and kids’ clothes offers some relief for parents
- Why Trump’s effort to oust Murkowski could hit hurdles
- ‘Shocked and disheartened’: How coal country is reacting to Manchin’s climate deal