BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was indicted on Thursday morning for murder and a gun charge stemming from a shooting on the East Side in June 2020.
Police say that on June 9, 2020 at approximately 11:18 p.m., 28-year-old Mahzhee X. Young of Buffalo shot 27-year-old David D. Moore outside of a corner store on East Ferry Street and Grider Street with an illegal gun during a verbal altercation. Moore died a short time later at ECMC.
Young is charged with one count of second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon. If convicted of the highest charge, he faces 25 years to life in prison. A return court date has not been scheduled. He was held without bail.
Latest in crime news
- Buffalo firefighter’s termination raises questions about state protections for some medical marijuana patients
- Kenmore West student found with BB gun
- Charges against New Era CEO dropped
- Plaintiff awarded $30 million in lawsuit against pastor
- Buffalo man guilty for attempting to sexually assault minor
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.