BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Some Buffalo families in need had their Christmas wishes fulfilled tonight.
The City of Buffalo, Buffalo Police Athletic League, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Bills and Bury the Violence organization teamed up for a Christmas toy drive. Many officers donated out of their pockets to help the good cause.
Monday, families in need who were pre-selected were able to pick up donations in a drive-thru.
New on WIVB.com
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody
- Canada to illuminate Niagara Falls white Monday in honor of Betty White’s birthday