The Buffalo Skyway will close at 12 p.m. on Sunday as a wind storm will be taking place in Western New York.
The Town of Hamburg confirmed that the Skyway will be closed from Rt. 179, Hamburg, to the 190 beginning at noon on Sunday.
Additionally, tractor-trailers will be banned from the Skyway beginning at 10 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Governer Cuomo announced the closures during a Saturday afternoon news conference in Hamburg.
There will also be a ban on empty tractor-trailers and tandems from New York Highways beginning at 10 a.m. on Sunday.
That ban affects the following highways:
- I-90 between exit 31 (Utica) and exit 61 (Ripley to PA line)
- Niagara Thruway (I-190)
- I-390 from Dansville to Rt 104
- I-490 from I-90 exit 45 to I-90 exit 47
- Rt 104 at the Bay Bridge
- I-190 from Grand Island to Lewiston / Queenston
- I-290 from I-190 to I-90
- NY 5 from I-190 to NY 179 (with a full truck ban on the elevated section of the Skyway)
- US 219 from I-90 to Peters Rd
- NY 400 from NY 16 to I-90
- I-990 from I-290 to NY 263