BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says a local 911 dispatcher has been put on administrative leave for her handling of a call about the mass shooting at the Tops store on Jefferson Avenue.
Poloncarz says what happened regarding the call was “inappropriate” and “unacceptable.” According to him, the call came from someone who was inside the store during the shooting that killed 10 people and injured three others.
According to Poloncarz, Erie County is pushing for the dispatcher’s termination. News 4 will provide more information when it’s available.
Buffalo Supermarket Mass Shooting
- UB Graduate students offer nutrition advice at the Tops on Jefferson Ave.
- Buffalo man indicted for referencing mass shooting while robbing convenience store
- Food caravan held on Jefferson
- House passes bill banning certain semi-automatic guns
- Rev. Dr. Que English discusses day of healing for Jefferson community