BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Nationally renowned attorney Ben Crump came to Buffalo on Monday and spoke alongside co-counsel Terry Connors and Ken Abbarno. They, with the family of 86-year-old mass shooting victim Ruth Whitfield, held a conference to address the attack.
The conference took place at Durham Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church. You can watch it in its entirety in the video player above.
Former Buffalo Fire Commissioner Garnell Whitfield told News 4’s Gabrielle Mediak that he plans to work with legislators to make changes in memory of his mother.
Buffalo Supermarket Mass Shooting
- Healing after tragedy: Tops survivor and his mom collect thousands of books to help combat racism
- Memorandum: 911 call taker mishandled multiple calls about Tops mass shooting
- Mayor Brown goes inside Jefferson Ave Tops: ‘It looks completely different’
- Buffalo mayor: I will continue to shop at Tops when it reopens after mass shooting
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says ‘lives will be saved’