TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 20-year-old Buffalo man accused of killing his girlfriend’s seven-month-old son was arraigned Friday morning on an indictment charging him with murder and manslaughter.
On December 10, Nasir Jackson, 20, of Buffalo was watching seven-month-old, Ocean Reed, at the Knight’s Inn on Niagara Falls Boulevard. Town of Tonawanda Police responded to the Knight’s Inn after a report the seven-month-old was unresponsive.
Jackson is accused of reckless conduct that resulted in the infant’s death. Reed was unresponsive when he was transported to Kenmore Mercy Hospital and died on December 10, according to the Erie County District Attorney’s office.
The 20-year-old is charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of first-degree manslaughter.
Nasir Jackson will be back in court on February 14 at 9:30 a.m. for a pre-trial conference. He’s held without bail.
If he’s convicted on all charges, he faces a maximum sentence of 25 years to life in prison.
New on WIVB.com
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour coming to Buffalo in March
- Rochester family attacked with hockey stick near Blue Cross Arena
- Jordan Cashmyer of MTV’s ’16 and Pregnant’ dead at 26
- ‘Baby Shark’ becomes the most-watched video on YouTube, surpasses 10 billion views
- NYS landmarks to be lit red, green and black for MLK Day