BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo Police are investigating after a Tuesday evening accident on Bailey Avenue killed a Buffalo dirt bike driver.
BPD officers responded to the crash at Bailey Avenue and Manhart Street around 7:20 p.m.
Carlos Y. Hernandez, 21, the driver of an unregistered Honda dirt bike, was headed north on Bailey Avenue when he hit the passenger side of a Dodge Durango making a lefthand turn onto Manhart Street, according to BPD.
The dirt bike driver, who wasn’t wearing a helmet, was ejected and “landed a short distance away,” BPD said. The man was declared dead at the scene.
Buffalo Police are working to learn if reckless driving was a factor in the accident.
New on WIVB.com
- Police: Kenmore man arrested for DWI after crashing into four vehicles
- Which way should your ceiling fan rotate in summer?
- The best winery in every state, according to Yelp
- FBI seizes 25 disputed Basquiat paintings from Florida museum following questions of authenticity
- Used car prices: How our increases compare to other states