BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 61-year-old Williamsville man has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography by a criminal complaint.
The United States Attorney’s office says Christopher Robbins was allegedly part of a Kik instant messenger group where photos and videos of child porn were digitally exchanged. An officer with the FBI Milwaukee field office gained access to the group and identified Robbins, who allegedly went by the screen name “winesnob1223” on the instant messenger, as receiving and distributing images of child porn.
On July 2, 2020, FBI agents executed a search warrant at Robbins’ Williamsville home that turned up child pornography on the 61-year-old’s cellphone, according to the USAO. Several electronics were also seized from the man’s home.
If convicted, the charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Amherst man facing felony gun charges after he’s found with over a dozen illegal firearms
- Hamburg man sentenced to 30 years in prison for production of child pornography
- Buffalo man admits to fatally stabbing woman inside Town of Tonawanda apartment
- Crime Stoppers offering up to $7,500 for information on May homicide
- Collierville, TN Kroger shooting kills 2, including shooter, injures 12 more