GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) — Amos Caldwell, Jr., 70, is locked up after a three-month-long investigation, accused of dealing cocaine out of his Grand Island home.
Investigators with the Erie County Sheriff’s Narcotics and Intelligence Unit executed a search warrant on August 15 at Caldwell’s home.
A search of the home by detectives and deputies turned up cocaine and a scale, according to the ECSO.
Law enforcement slapped handcuffs on Caldwell, charging him with a felony count of criminal possession of a narcotic with intent to sell, a felony count of criminal possession of a narcotic, a misdemeanor count of criminal use of drug paraphernalia and a misdemeanor count of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The 70-year-old is sitting behind bars at the Erie County Holding Center pending arraignment.
New on WIVB.com
- Motorcyclist captured video of fiery, multi-car crash that almost killed him
- Spotify Wrapped is here: How do you see your top artists and albums?
- How to prevent house fires while decorating for the holidays
- Local artists to host toy drive at Christmas show on Saturday
- BKL Poll: Who will fill the void left by Von Miller?