GENESEE, N.Y. (WIVB) — An Allegany County man was arrested Thursday for an attempted murder of an 82-year-old.
Police say that at approximately 6:05 p.m. Thursday, 35-year-old Shawn I. Deahn attempted to enter a home while the 82-year-old homeowner was mowing the lawn. Deahn allegedly approached the victim and began stabbing them. The victim was airlifted to Strong Memorial Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Deahn is charged with attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal contempt. He was remanded at Allegany County Jail.
Latest in crime news
- Man struck by gunfire Wednesday in Buffalo
- Alden man becomes first WNYer to get jail time for actions in Jan. 6 attack; sentenced to 45 days behind bars
- James Krauseneck found guilty in 1982 Brighton ax murder trial
- Buffalo man sentenced to seven years in prison
- Incarcerated man arrested, charged with misdemeanor after falsely reporting assault
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.