BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man learned his fate for injuring two people in a shooting in July 2021 in the City of Buffalo.
30-year-old Jose A. Castillo was sentenced to a determinate eight years in prison following by five years of supervised release. At approximately 2 a.m. on July 8, 2021, Castillo fired multiple shots from an illegal gun at two people walking on Allen Street near Irving Place before riding away on a bicycle. One victim suffered serious injuries. He was arrested a week later.
In July 2022, Castillo pleaded guilty of attempted assault, criminal possession of a weapon and assault.
Latest in crime news
- NYSP looking for help identifying suspect in Cattaraugus County
- Suspect ‘armed and dangerous’ after woman fatally shot in vehicle Wednesday morning
- 2 charged with conspiracy to commit marriage fraud in Hamburg bust
- Student in custody after fights outside of McKinley High School on Elmwood Avenue
- Buffalo man sentenced for burglary
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.