TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — An Amherst man is facing felony charges after his car went off the road and hit a decorative boulder outside of a City of Tonawanda convenience store on Tuesday.
Mark A. Marando, 53, was charged with DWAI (drugs), first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and four traffic charges.
Marando was uninjured in the Niagara Street crash, although the vehicle was badly damaged with the airbags deployed.
The city of Tonawanda Police said that it appears the vehicle had been operating with one wheel on just a rim before the crash.
- Buffalo man shot on Minnesota Avenue
- Brian Laundrie’s notebook: Gabby Petito’s fiancé took responsibility for her death, FBI says
- Buffalo Man arrested on cocaine, weapons charges
- Josh Duggar defense team files motion for acquittal or new trial
- Erie County drops charges against man already serving time setting May 2020 City Hall fire