BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A woman is dead and two others injured after a car crashed into the three bicyclists in Buffalo Friday night.
A woman driving a Chrysler sedan was headed west on South Park Avenue and hit a female bicyclist adjacent to the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino just before 9 p.m., according to Buffalo Police.
The driver of the car continued driving, hitting two other female bicyclists near South Park Avenue and Columbia Street, investigators found, a BPD news release noted.
The 29-year-old woman hit near Columbia Street was rushed by ambulance to Buffalo General Hospital, where she was later declared dead.
The two other bicyclists, a 27-year-old from Getzville and a 32-year-old, were taken by ambulance to Erie County Medical Center, where they were initially listed in serious condition.
The Chrysler driver kept going after hitting the three women, running into a parked vehicle, and knocking into a second parked vehicle near South Park Avenue and Mississippi Street. The driver came to a stop in this area, according to BPD.
Investigators are working to learn if the driver of the Chrysler suffered a medical emergency, causing the deadly crash.
No charges have been filed.
New on WIVB.com
- Connolly Cup recognizes Trevor Barry’s record-breaking run as first Iroquois Chief awarded as WNY’s top football player
- State parole officer charged with two felonies in evidence tampering case
- Supreme Court declines to take up 2020 case against Dominion, Facebook
- Rupert Murdoch to be deposed in Dominion’s 2020 lawsuit against Fox News
- ‘Cheers’ star Kirstie Alley dies at 71, family says