BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Blasdell man will spend the next five and a half years in prison on a child pornography charge, the U.S. Attorney announced Tuesday.
Authorities say that in June 2020, 57-year-old Shawn Kostelny distributed images of child pornography to an undercover officer over the internet. In August of that year, a search warrant was conducted at his residence, where numerous electronics were confiscated, which recovered over 600 images of child pornography, some of which included prepubescent minors and depictions of violence.
He was charged and convicted of possession of child pornography involving a prepubescent minor.
- Buffalo’s youngest Black filmmaker, a Buff State senior, to screen film at North Park Theatre
- Ohio man killed in boating accident on Chautauqua Lake
- 13-year-old entrepreneur to expand popular lemonade stand
- Living the island life on Lake Erie: Big Kahuna Tiki Tours launches for maiden voyage
- How SCOTUS decision that dealt setback to Clean Water Act could impact WNY, Great Lakes
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.