BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The death of an 18-year-old man found in the basement of a Riverside home has been ruled a homicide, according to Buffalo Police.
BPD officers responded to the first block of Lower East Lane just before 3:20 p.m., where the 18-year-old man was found dead in the home’s basement.
A Buffalo Police spokesperson told News 4 this is homicide number 62 for the City of Buffalo this year.
If you have information about the case, police ask you to call or text the Confidential TIPCALL Line at (716) 847-2255.
A body has been found in the basement of a Buffalo building on Lower East Lane, according to Buffalo Police.
A BPD spokesperson told News 4, officers responded to a call just before 3:20 p.m. in the first block of Lower East Lane. A body was discovered in the basement.
The Erie County medical examiners will conduct an autopsy to figure out the cause of death.
A News 4 crew was on scene and we’re working to learn more.
New on WIVB.com
- Totally Buffalo shop local event and toy drive continue through Dec. 5
- Biden bets on COVID tests at home, covered by insurance
- WNYers plunge into Lake Erie to benefit Special Olympics NY
- Northtown leaders remind residents of COVID safety during holiday season
- Buffalo man who led NFTA police on car chase sentenced on crack cocaine charges