BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was indicted on Wednesday morning for assaulting his defense attorney at Erie County Correctional Facility, the Erie County District Attorney said.
It is alleged that on September 27, 38-year-old Londarr Ward assaulted his defense attorney at the facility by punching him multiple times. He was charged with assault.
Ward was in custody at the facility for four robberies that occurred in Cheektowaga and Amherst in February and March of 2021. He was arraigned on those crimes this past June. If convicted on one count of robbery, he faces up to 25 years in prison. If convicted on two or more, he faces up to 50 years in prison.
The alleged assault could get Ward up to seven years in prison.
He is scheduled to return to court on both cases on November 23. He is being held without bail.
Latest in crime news
- Woman attacked on Kenmore Ave; police looking for suspect
- Only on 4: ‘I could just feel fists on my face’: Tim Hortons supervisor speaks out after alleged attack in Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls cop loses job over residency
- Two adults, one teen to face charges tied to assault at Niagara Falls Tim Hortons
- Contractor accused of stealing $18,000 in alleged scam
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.