BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was indicted on Wednesday morning for assaulting his defense attorney at Erie County Correctional Facility, the Erie County District Attorney said.
It is alleged that on September 27, 38-year-old Londarr Ward assaulted his defense attorney at the facility by punching him multiple times. He was charged with assault.
Ward was in custody at the facility for four robberies that occurred in Cheektowaga and Amherst in February and March of 2021. He was arraigned on those crimes this past June. If convicted on one count of robbery, he faces up to 25 years in prison. If convicted on two or more, he faces up to 50 years in prison.
The alleged assault could get Ward up to seven years in prison.
He is scheduled to return to court on both cases on November 23. He is being held without bail.
Latest in crime news
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to leaving scene after running over, killing 10-year-old
- Man arraigned for harassment after yelling racist slurs outside Cheektowaga Aldi
- Salamanca killer Edward Kindt released from prison on parole
- ‘Without those strict and intensive guidelines, it won’t fair well’: Expert says Salamanca killer will need supervision and counseling no matter where he ends up when released
- Steve Pigeon wants DA Flynn disqualified from prosecuting rape case for alleged conflicts
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.