BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was arraigned on a murder charge on Friday for an alleged fatal shooting in January, the Erie County District Attorney announced.
39-year-old Louis Goforth is accused of fatally shooting another 39-year-old man on the 200 block of East Ferry Street around 4:30 a.m. on January 22.
Goforth is facing one count of second-degree murder. If convicted, he faces 25 years to life in prison.
He will return to court on Wednesday.
- Prime spot for Amazon: Multi-billion dollar company to move into Hamburg facility
- Young Bills fan in search of a family
- ‘Funding for facilities means fixing this crisis:’ Thousands of healthcare workers to march in Albany demanding state funding
- Memorial unveiled for bowling prospect who had life cut short
- Patriots and Heroes Park vandal charged
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.