BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man pleaded guilty Thursday to manslaughter for a January 2021 shooting.
On January 19, 2021, 27-year-old Rickey L. Bryant of Buffalo shot a man multiple times inside a convenience store on Doat Street. The shooting occurred at approximately 2 p.m. The victim, 35-year-old Tony D. Rookard, died at the scene.
Bryant faces a maximum of 25 years in prison when he is sentenced on October 5. He is being held without bail.
Latest in crime news
- Tonawanda police officer dragged by stolen vehicle released from hospital
- Man dies from injuries suffered in May shooting in Dunkirk
- Buffalo man charged with murder tied to fatal April shooting
- New York State trooper charged with manslaughter tied to fatal shooting after car pursuit
- One killed in vehicle collision, teen seriously injured
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.