BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was indicted on murder and gun charges for allegedly shooting and killing another man on East Ferry Street in January, the Erie County District Attorney said Tuesday.
39-year-old Louis Goforth is accused of shooting and killing Mario Siddler, 39, on the 200 block of East Ferry in the early-morning hours of Jan. 22. Siddler died at the scene.
Goforth was arrested in March in connection and was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of criminal possession of a weapon. If convicted of the highest charge, he faces 25 years to life in prison.
He will return to court on May 18. He is being held without bail.
Latest Local News
- Teaching safety skills with swimming lessons
- Ransomville man killed in motorcycle accident in Lewiston
- Why wildfire smoke could return to WNY
- “I’m at the verge of not being able to move forward”: Cannabis farmers grow impatient waiting for legal dispensaries to open
- Man killed in shooting on Baynes Street
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.