BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man has been sentenced to 7.5 to 15 years in prison for a fatal 2021 shooting in the city, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.
Steven L. Tyler, 31, was sentenced after pleading guilty to one count of second-degree manslaughter in December 2022.
Officials say that at approximately 8:20 p.m. on Nov. 2, 2021, Tyler fatally shot 30-year-old Bashir Ingram outside of a residence on Keppel Street.
- Trump’s ‘zombie’ case lurches ahead of the pack
- California family files lawsuit against Amazon after driver kills 2 year-old girl
- Political satirist and Buffalo native Mark Russell dies
- Missing toddler Taylen Mosley’s body found in alligator’s mouth; father charged, chief says
- Sabres win Devon Levi’s debut on Jeff Skinner’s OT goal
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.