BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison and five years of post-release supervision for a fatal shooting in a Buffalo convenience store, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.
Rickey Bryant, 27, pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree manslaughter in August 2022.
Officials say around 2 p.m. on Jan. 19, 2021, Bryant shot 35-year-old Tony Rookard multiple times inside a convenience store on Doat Street. Rookard died at the scene.
- Trump’s ‘zombie’ case lurches ahead of the pack
- California family files lawsuit against Amazon after driver kills 2 year-old girl
- Political satirist and Buffalo native Mark Russell dies
- Missing toddler Taylen Mosley’s body found in alligator’s mouth; father charged, chief says
- Sabres win Devon Levi’s debut on Jeff Skinner’s OT goal
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.