BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man is facing illegal weapons and assault charges in connection to a shooting and Delaware Avenue stabbing.
Eddie Seals, 56, was arrested Monday after Buffalo police received reports of a man walking in the 200 block of West Ferry street with a gun. Officers recovered a loaded C.A.I. Georgia M88A 9mm semi-automatic pistol, a metal vial containing a white powder, and about five grams of “what appears to be cocaine,” according to a BPD spokesperson.
Seals was slapped with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, one count of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, one count of second-degree obstructing governmental administration and one count of resisting arrest.
Detectives with BPD’s Gun Violence Unit identified Seals as a suspect in an August 7 shooting and a January 6, 2021 stabbing in the 2100 block of Delaware Avenue.
Police added charges of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, one count of first-degree assault and one count of second-degree assault.
New on WIVB.com
- Community honors loved ones lost in homicides on National Remembrance Day
- BPS Chief Financial Officer to resign Monday
- Fetterman fires back at Tucker Carlson over tattoo insults
- 4 Observations: Injuries, heat burn Bills in Miami
- Bills can’t overcome injuries, missed opportunities in loss to Dolphins