BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)– Two Buffalo Police Officers are being treated for injuries Sunday after their patrol cars collided while pursuing a vehicle.
It happened around 4 a.m. Sunday morning while responding to a shots fired call on the first block of Sobieski Street.
Police started pursuing a Toyota Venza leaving the scene traveling Northbound on Grey Street toward Genesee Street when it left the road and struck a concrete anchored pole before striking a large tree.
Authorities say the three people inside of the car were from Buffalo, including a 29-year-old male driver, a 21- year -old female passenger, and a 26- year- old male passenger. All three were transported by ambulance to ECMC to be treated for multiple injuries.
Both officers were transported to ECMC to be treated for non-life-threatening. No charges have been filed at this time.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- Scotland becomes 1st country to make pads, tampons free
- Two Walmart testings sites now offer at-home coronavirus testing kits
- AAUW Seeks Scholarship Applicants
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Erie County Comptroller starts GoFundMe for gym owner fined $15,000 for large gathering