BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo woman has been charged with 10 felony counts after she was arrested Friday for allegedly selling fentanyl in Buffalo’s Allentown neighborhood, the Erie County Sheriff’s Office announced.
After a month-long investigation, deputies executed a search warrant on 39-year-old Vernise Williams and her vehicle. The sheriff’s office says their search recovered fentanyl.
Williams was charged with 11 total counts, including:
- One felony count of criminal sale of a controlled substance – half ounce narcotic drug
- Four felony counts of criminal possession of a narcotic with intent to sell
- Three felony counts of criminal sale of a narcotic
- Two felony counts of criminal possession of a narcotic
- One misdemeanor count of criminal possession of a controlled substance
Williams was arraigned and released without bail on Saturday.
- Special reunion at Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial held on Memorial Day
- May Scholar-Athlete: Randolph’s Carson Conley
- Heavy police presence in Town of Tonawanda, officer to ECMC
- All 15 members of Nardin Board of Trustees removed
- Bandits lose in Colorado, decisive game of NLL Finals in Buffalo on Saturday night
Grant Ashley is an intern with News 4. He is currently studying political science and Spanish at the University at Buffalo.