BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Cheektowaga man was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for multiple sexual assaults against a child over a nearly two-year span, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.
A jury found William Bergeron, 37, guilty of one count of predatory sexual assault against a child and one count of endangering the welfare of a child in an April 2022 trial.
Officials say between Aug. 15, 2018 and July 13, 2020, Bergeron, who was a registered sex offender at the of the crimes, engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct against a child who was known to him at a location in Cheektowaga.
A final order of protection was issued on behalf of the victim, which remains in effect until 2096.
- Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s new anti-gay law, threatens sanctions
- Penkse ‘sure’ IndyCar will investigate wheel that flew over stands during Indy 500 crash
- DeSantis blasts debt ceiling deal he says leaves US ‘careening toward bankruptcy’
- Supreme Court preview: the major decisions still to come
- How a Netflix true crime show helped find a missing teenager
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.