BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Cheektowaga man was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for multiple sexual assaults against a child over a nearly two-year span, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.
A jury found William Bergeron, 37, guilty of one count of predatory sexual assault against a child and one count of endangering the welfare of a child in an April 2022 trial.
Officials say between Aug. 15, 2018 and July 13, 2020, Bergeron, who was a registered sex offender at the of the crimes, engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct against a child who was known to him at a location in Cheektowaga.
A final order of protection was issued on behalf of the victim, which remains in effect until 2096.
- What House passage of debt ceiling deal signifies: 5 takeaways
- Amazon charged with privacy violations over Alexa and Ring cameras: FTC
- Dangers of tick bites and Lyme disease rise as weather gets warmer
- House passes bill to raise debt ceiling
- Escaped Ohio inmate caught after attempting to order $1 burger from McDonald’s
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.