BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Cheektowaga man pleaded guilty to driving while high and hitting and killing a woman on a bicycle in the process, the Erie County District Attorney announced Monday.
On May 7, 2021 at approximately 11:30 p.m., 26-year-old Zaire Pittman was driving while under the influence of marijuana, when he hit 54-year-old Carolyn Carter on East Ferry Street near Wohlers Avenue. She died at the scene.
He was charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving while ability impaired by a drug. He faces up to seven years in prison when he is sentenced on January 31, 2023.
New on WIVB>com
- Bills to hold groundbreaking ceremony for new stadium Monday
- Study shares what went right, wrong in Christmas blizzard
- Teen charged with killing man in South Buffalo last summer
- Woman attacked on Kenmore Ave; police looking for suspect
- Former Domino’s Pizza franchise owner settles race harassment lawsuit
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.