BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Cheektowaga man admitted to killing two cats in 2021, pleading guilty to animal cruelty charges, the Erie County District Attorney announced Tuesday.
Authorities say that 23-year-old Moises Germanguerrero killed two cats by hitting them in the head with a closed fist, one in March 2021 and the second in October 2021. Authorities say that Germanguerrero was the owner of the cats, which were brought to the veterinarian’s office by his girlfriend.
He pleaded guilty to aggravated cruelty to animals.
He faces up to two years in prison when he is sentenced on June 5. He remains released on his own recognizance.
New on WIVB.com
- Fake active shooter threats cause panic, several schools on lockdown
- RESTRICT Act could change how we use social media
- “Polish Poutine” leads off Buffalo Bisons lineup of new offerings for 2023
- Bills safety Damar Hamlin meets with President Biden after introducing “Access to AEDs Act”
- Section of Main Street affected by March 1 fire reopened
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.