BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Cheektowaga woman is facing charges after she allegedly smashed the window of a school bus on Tuesday, the Buffalo Police Department announced.
Rachael Coon, 21, was charged with one count of third-degree criminal mischief and one count of endangering the welfare of a child. She was arrested on Thursday.
Police say Coon alleged followed a First Student school bus a notable distance before it arrived at Public School 31 on Stanton Street. Coon then allegedly smashed a window on the bus with an unknown object before fleeing the scene.
Nobody was injured as a result of the incident.
- Wisconsin teen’s body found in SUV 4 days after it was towed to lot following crash
- 4 takeaways from Bills OTA: Ed Oliver expects to ‘shut up’ detractors, Leonard Floyd chasing another ring in Buffalo
- McConnell, McCarthy split on additional defense, Ukraine funding
- Volunteer work and donations turns $1 into community center worth millions
- Is a ‘Ted Lasso’ spinoff in the works? Apple TV+’s tweet gets fans’ hopes up
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.