BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Clarence woman was arrested for allegedly stealing a flag from a cemetery plot, according to the New York State Police.
On August 30, 57-year-old Charlene Wieczorek was arrested for allegedly stealing the flag from the Clarence Fillmore Cemetery on Ransom Road. The flag was valued at $50.
Wieczorek was charged with cemetery desecration and was issued an appearance ticket.
- Councilman will not be censured by Cheektowaga Town Board
- Security firm hired to protect asylum seekers in Erie County has license suspended
- Historic Broderick Park could soon receive name change
- Erie County Clerk’s Office employee suspended
- New bill would teach drivers education students what to do if stopped by police
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.