BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man pleaded guilty on Thursday for fatally injuring a pedestrian during a hit-and-run earlier this year, the Erie County District Attorney’s office said.
48-year-old Rinaldo Pearson admitted to hitting 31-year-old Amber Young, of Depew, around 4:40 a.m. on Feb. 25 on Broadway. She later died at ECMC.
Pearson was captured a short time later near the border of Buffalo and Cheektowaga, where it was found that he was driving under the influence of alcohol. He pleaded guilty to one count of vehicular manslaughter.
He faces up to 15 years in prison when he is sentenced on Jan. 16, 2024.
Latest in crime news
- NYSP identifies suspect in Lockport Wendy’s shooting
- West Seneca man fatally shot by border agents in New Mexico desert | Part 1
- Getaway driver sentenced for role in 2020 homicide
- Police investigating after shots fired from vehicle on I-190 in Buffalo
- Buffalo man charged with assault, burglary in Cattaraugus County
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.