BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Erie County Sheriffs arrested two men Friday after allegedly finding one kilogram of “suspected fentanyl” in their vehicle.
In a joint investigation with the FBI, Erie County Sheriff’s deputies pulled the vehicle over on I-90 near Exit 49. Deputies say they searched the vehicle after obtaining a search warrant and found one kilogram of suspected fentanyl.
Deputies arrested the driver, 44-year-old Robert Hernandez, and a passenger, 49-year-old Reinaldo Gonzales. Both are reportedly from the Dominican Republic.
Hernandez and Gonzales will be arraigned in federal court at a later date.
- Special reunion at Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial held on Memorial Day
- May Scholar-Athlete: Randolph’s Carson Conley
- Heavy police presence in Town of Tonawanda, officer to ECMC
- All 15 members of Nardin Board of Trustees removed
- Bandits lose in Colorado, decisive game of NLL Finals in Buffalo on Saturday night
Grant Ashley is an intern with News 4. He is currently studying political science and Spanish at the University at Buffalo.