BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A former track coach at Williamsville South High School was arraigned Thursday in Amherst Town Court on two charges after allegedly sending explicit text messages to a minor.
The Erie County District Attorney’s office said Friday, Daniel W. Syracuse, 38, of the Town of Tonawanda is accused of exchanging sexually explicit messages and images through text and social media in 2015. At the time, Syracuse was working as a track coach at Williamsville South.
He’s facing one count of first-degree disseminating indecent material to minors and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.
If Syracuse gets convicted on all charges, he could spend a maximum of seven years behind bars.
- Buffalo man received SSA benefits for more than 5 years after father’s death
- Amherst man sentenced to 18 months in prison for trafficking African wild cats
- Sheriff: Batavia woman facing felonies after unlawfully collecting nearly $8,000 in SNAP benefits
- Niagara Falls police make arrests after man dies in barbershop earlier this month
- Genesee County man charged with killing father after body found in home