BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 35-year-old Hamburg man was arraigned Friday morning for a shooting that left a man in serious condition, according to the Erie County District Attorney.
Salvatore Rizzo was arraigned on one count of attempted murder in the second degree.
On Feb. 9, at approximately 10:18 a.m., Rizzo, allegedly, shot a 40-year-old Hamburg man on Botsford Place in North Buffalo.
The victim was transported to ECMC where, as of Friday evening, he remains hospitalized with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Rizzo is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 15 and was held without bail.
If convicted of the highest charge, Rizzo faces a maximum of 25 years to life in prison.
- Some Android users should turn off Wi-Fi calling due to security concerns, Google team warns
- Bipartisan lawmakers introduce bill to ban members from owning, trading stocks
- Lockport intermediate school to hold classes remotely Thursday and Friday
- Biden awards Springsteen, Louis-Dreyfus and others with National Medals of Arts
- A new book catalogs centuries of major weather events in Western New York
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.