BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County District Attorney’s Office says a Livingston County man has been sentenced for stealing nearly $100,000 from a student.
Vincent Van Vliet, while working as an ice skating instructor, admitted to stealing $98,958 from a client.
Between December 2018 and December 2019, prosecutors say the 42-year-old stole the money by altering checks and depositing the money into his account.
Van Vliet has since pled guilty to fourth-degree grand larceny and paid full restitution to the victim.
On Friday afternoon, he was sentenced to three years of probation.
- Employees and visitors of Buffalo City Hall required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status beginning Monday
- A look at the Tokyo Games as COVID numbers outside the Olympic bubble rise
- Chef Darian Bryan hosts Jamaican Market at Larking Square
- What is an NFT? How tech is saving tradition in Tokyo
- Bromell looks to replace Bolt atop Olympic 100-meter podium