BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Lackawanna man has pleaded guilty to running over a man with his car and then fleeing the scene.
On August 28, 2021, just before 2:15 a.m., 29-year-old Emmanuel Muniz-Figueroa and 52-year-old Jose Matos got into an altercation outside of a home on Dona Street in Lackawanna. During the fight, the court says that Matos displayed a knife and the Muniz-Figueroa left in an SUV.
He returned moments later and Matos was run over after running in front of the SUV. Muniz-Figueroa fled the scene. Matos died three days later.
Muniz-Figueroa was charged with leaving the scene of an incident without reporting personal injury resulting in death. He faces up to seven years in prison when he is sentenced on November 15.
Latest in crime news
- Nine arrested in Chautauqua County drug bust
- Buffalo man pleads guilty to drug charge
- Former Buffalo PD detective arraigned in Lake View domestic violence incident
- Teen pleads guilty to attempted murder in drive-by shooting
- “They’re getting very close to solving this”: Witnesses sought in Jamestown Yolanda Bindics cold case
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.