LANCASTER, N.Y. (WIVB) — Lancaster Police reported three stolen vehicles, with several other entered vehicles and larcenies, in the Village of Lancaster Friday night. All of the entered vehicles were left unlocked and the cars that were stolen had the keys left inside.
Two of the vehicles were recovered today in Buffalo. According to a Facebook post by Lancaster PD, neighboring towns have reported similar instances. The department encouraged vehicle owners to lock their cars, take their keys with them upon exiting their vehicles and remove any valuables or secure them out of sight.
Anyone with information on the incidents or who observe similar activity in Lancaster is asked to call (716) 683-2800.
New on WIVB.com
- Buffalo Singing Cops come back to “The Amazing Race,” but are gone again
- MVHS employees appeal for kindness and respect amid pandemic
- Villa Maria College covering the cost of students’ books and supplies
- Jefferson County parents charged after 9-month-old found burned
- Two-thirds of COVID vaccine side-effects are just a placebo effect, study says