BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Two Buffalo men are facing attempted murder charges following an alleged gang assault on Broadway near Deshler Street in Buffalo on Sunday, according to the Erie County DA’s office.
It is alleged that just before 1:40 p.m. Sunday, 27-year-old Amari Atkins of Buffalo, along with two other unidentified individuals, stabbed, kicked and punched a 41-year-old man repeatedly. Authorities say they were trying to kill the man. He was arraigned on Monday morning.
On Tuesday, the Erie County DA’s office announced that 52-year-old Demetrius Gore was arraigned on charges of attempted murder, assault and gang assault.
The man was taken to ECMC, where he remains hospitalized with serious injuries.
Atkins was charged with one count of attempted murder and one count of gang assault. If convicted of the highest charge, both face up to 25 years in prison. Both are being held without bail.
The alleged incident is still under investigation.
Latest in crime news
- Amherst man arrested for assault after alleged domestic altercation prompts 4 hour standoff
- Acting New York State Police superintendent Steven Nigrelli retires
- Legal analyst discusses murder charges in Freedom crash case
- ‘Bike Path Killer’ Altemio Sanchez dies while serving life sentence
- Local family seeks justice one year after homicide in Kenmore
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.