LAKEWOOD, N.Y. (WIVB)– Lakewood-Busti Police say they stopped Dale Linkous in his white Chevy Impala on Sunday after failing to stop at a red light and discovered he was driving with a revoked New York State license.
While investigating, police also found Linkous had no interlock device and an order of protection to stay away from the passenger in the vehicle.
Police also found him in possession of 62 grams of cocaine, oxycodone, and marijuana.
While in police custody and waiting to be booked, Linkous broke the leg shackle off the holding cell bench and ran out the door.
Lakewood-Busti Police and Chautauqua County Probation took him into custody again on Tuesday.
He’s being charged with:
- Disobeying a traffic control device
- Aggravated unlicensed operation
- Operating without ignition interlock device
- False personation
- Criminal contempt in the 1st degree
- Unlawful possession of marijuana
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 3rd degree
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree
- Escape in the 1st degree
- Criminal mischief in the 4th degree
- Petit larceny
Linkous remains at the Chautauqua County Jail on $250,000 bail after being arraigned.