This story has been updated
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo Police found a man dead inside a crashed vehicle early Wednesday morning. They announced Thursday that the death was ruled a homicide.
Officers responded to an emergency call around 2 a.m. Wednesday near East Utica Street and Route 33. When officers arrived on the scene they found the man dead inside a vehicle, a BPD spokesperson said.
The Erie County Medical Examiners Office conducted an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Police said Thursday that the 25-year-old victim had been shot.
Buffalo police ask anyone with information to please call or text the confidential TIPCALL Line at (716) 847-2255.
New on WIVB.com
- Legendary guitarist James Burton confirms kidney cancer diagnosis
- ‘Complete destruction’: Aerial video shows Hurricane Ian’s impact on Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach
- Texas homecoming queen gives crown to childhood friend
- Indigenous children honored at Lake Shore
- Unique fundraiser takes people ‘over the edge’ Saturday