WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Ryan Strunk, 20, pleaded guilty Monday to assaulting a female runner with a tree branch on Sept. 11, 2021.
According to the DA’s office, the victim was jogging on the New York State Developmental Disabilities Services Office (DDSO) campus on East and West Road at approximately 1 p.m. when she was attacked. As the victim attempted flee the attack, Strunk struck her numerous times with a tree branch. The assault continued until the victim was able to escape into a DDSO patrol officer’s vehicle.
The victim suffered various cuts and bruises to her body.
Strunk is charged with one count of assault in the second degree, a Class D felony. He pleaded guilty to the highest sustainable charge and faces a maximum of seven years in prison when he is sentenced Feb. 17 at 10:30 a.m.
New on WIVB.com
- New York COVID Update: Vaccinations, infection rates, deaths
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody