WHEATFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 25-year-old man is dead following a Tuesday evening stabbing at a Town of Wheatfield home.
Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a person stabbed at the home, in the 2000 block of Niagara Road around 6:45 p.m. Deputies performed first aid on Jesse Gonzalez Miranda, 25, of West Seneca, but he died of his injuries at the scene.
35-year-old Leroy Cheek of the Town of Amherst was arrested and charged with one count of second-degree murder in the death of Gonzalez Miranda. Cheek is sitting behind bars at the Niagara County Jail awaiting arraignment.
According to sheriff’s office reports, it seems that there was a fight in the home that led to the stabbing.
A homicide is being conducted by the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Bureau.
New on WIVB.com
- Moth species not seen since 1912 found in luggage at Michigan airport
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show
- ‘Totally Sweet Diaper Drive’ launched to help families after Buffalo shooting
- Deacon Heyward Patterson laid to rest, remembered as loving father
- Buffalo State student, East Side resident gives back after shooting