WHEATFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 25-year-old man is dead following a Tuesday evening stabbing at a Town of Wheatfield home.
Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a person stabbed at the home, in the 2000 block of Niagara Road around 6:45 p.m. Deputies performed first aid on Jesse Gonzalez Miranda, 25, of West Seneca, but he died of his injuries at the scene.
35-year-old Leroy Cheek of the Town of Amherst was arrested and charged with one count of second-degree murder in the death of Gonzalez Miranda. Cheek is sitting behind bars at the Niagara County Jail awaiting arraignment.
According to sheriff’s office reports, it seems that there was a fight in the home that led to the stabbing.
A homicide is being conducted by the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Bureau.
New on WIVB.com
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour coming to Buffalo in March
- Rochester family attacked with hockey stick near Blue Cross Arena
- Jordan Cashmyer of MTV’s ’16 and Pregnant’ dead at 26
- ‘Baby Shark’ becomes the most-watched video on YouTube, surpasses 10 billion views
- NYS landmarks to be lit red, green and black for MLK Day