BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man stole several game consoles and told an employee he had a gun, resulting in an evacuation of a Wal-Mart in Batavia on Saturday night, according to the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office.
Police say the male came into the store just before 10:30 p.m. Saturday, broke a Nintendo Switch glass display case and stole several consoles. It is further alleged that he told an employee he had a gun, but he did not display it nor are there any accounts of him having the weapon.
As a result, the store was evacuated and police say that the suspect fled the scene before law enforcement arrived.
The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the Genesee County Sheriff’s Office at 585-343-5000.
- Sabres stumbling to one of worst home records in history
- Case of teen’s 2015 death, reopened during Murdaugh investigation, now ruled a homicide
- Election results: Kevin Peterson, Rob Hefner re-elected as Mayors of Depew, Blasdell
- Trump’s possible indictment: What to watch for
- Democrats worry about Trump protest calls over possible indictment
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.