BATAVIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Three people were arrested following a pursuit on the eastbound I-90, the Genesee County Sheriff’s office announced.
The Sheriff’s office says that at approximately 7:33 p.m. on Oct. 25, Jayson Wellman, 50, Timothy Szurgot, 38, and Oscar Caraballo, 41, all of Rochester, were driving a 2018 Ford Focus and allegedly failed to yield after an attempted traffic stop. The suspects’ vehicle got on I-90 heading towards Rochester before breaking down near milepost 388.5, they said.
Wellman, the alleged driver, was charged with unlawful fleeing from police, criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of stolen property greater than $3,000 among other traffic violations.
Szurgot, the alleged passenger, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of stolen property greater than $3,000 while Caraballo, the alleged rear passenger, was issued an appearance ticket for criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Fixing the pet-adoption crisis: 6 ways to help
- Sinema leaving Democratic Party, will register as independent
- These 10 House Republicans flipped their votes on the same-sex marriage bill
- WNBA star Brittney Griner back in US after Russian prisoner swap
- Senate Democrats gear up for battle with corporate America