NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — Two people were shot and a 16-year-old is dead following a shooting in Niagara Falls on Monday morning, police said.
On Tuesday, police announced that the 16-year-old victim, who was originally listed in critical condition, passed away Monday night at ECMC.
Police responded to a home on the 1300 block of Ashland Avenue around 11:30 a.m. Monday, where they found two males suffering from gunshot wounds.
A 16-year-old was shot in the lower abdomen. He was transported to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center and then to ECMC.
In addition, a 41-year-old was treated and released from ECMC after being shot in the thigh.
The shooting is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Niagara Falls Criminal Investigation Division at 716-286-4553 or the general information number at 716-286-4711.
- Depew teenager’s lawn care business goes up in flames
- Flags in front of Hamburg town hall create controversy
- Canadian wildfires bring smoke, haze to WNY; Air quality alert remains
- Damage, but no injuries in fire at funeral home in Attica
- Friends and family helping 10-year-old boy from Lockport battling cancer
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.