BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A West Seneca man pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a child in 2010 and 2011.
Robert S. Riggs, 53, pleaded guilty last Thursday before the State Supreme Court on one count of first-degree sexual abuse. The DA’s office says that between Dec. 1, 2010 and Jan. 31, 2011, Riggs subjected a juvenile to sexual contact “by forcible compulsion.” The crimes occurred in the town of West Seneca.
Riggs faces a maximum of seven years in prison when he is sentenced on October 17. He was released on his own recognizance and a temporary order of protection remains in effect between Riggs and the victim.
- State parole officer charged with two felonies in evidence tampering case
- Buffalo charity CEO pleads guilty to tax charge
- Jamestown man arrested after throwing clock, menacing with archery bow
- Man faces felony charge after harassing employees, injures deputy
- Police: Driver charged in NYE hit-and-run involved in fatal Chautauqua County crash
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.