BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 28-year-old Buffalo woman was charged, via criminal complaint, with the production of child pornography Friday, according to the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York’s Office.
In June 2022, the Town of Tonawanda Police Department received a complaint that Maria D’Amato had allegedly sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl, according to the complaint.
During the investigation, law enforcement searched a phone belonging to the minor victim’s sister. Police say the sister had located images and videos of the alleged assault, as well as text conversations between D’Amato and the minor victim, took screenshots and sent them to her own phone.
The charge carries a maximum of 30 years and a fine of $250,000.
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing in Las Vegas due to bird
- Champions at last: Bandits claim NLL Cup, 5th title in franchise history, 1st in 15 years
- Influencer mom fighting for life after suffering aneurysm one week before due date
- Canisius unveils new logo ahead of transition to university
- Some Apple customers frustrated by new savings accounts
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.