LAKEWOOD, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 38-year-old Irving woman is facing multiple charges after a shoplifting incident at Walmart Saturday, according to the Lakewood-Busti Police Department.
Leanne R. White was charged with petit larceny, criminal mischief in the fourth degree, and burglary in the third degree.
Saturday evening, police say they were dispatched to Walmart for a shoplifting incident where, they say, Walmart Asset Protection pointed out White attempting to flee.
According to police, White was apprehended in the parking lot and was found to have pushed a cart with 56 items, valued at $588.79, out of the store without paying.
Police say it was also discovered that White had been restricted from all Walmart stores on April 4, 2021 for a similar incident at a Fredonia Walmart and had an outstanding warrant from the Hamburg Police Department.
White was released with an appearance ticket to appear at the Town of Busti Court at a later date.
- Hot streaks, cool feats: UB, Bona hoops teams extend winning runs
- 103.3 The Edge helps get more than 30 people trained in hands-only CPR
- Man charged with murder in fatal stabbing of O.C. doctor riding bike on PCH
- Ken-Ton schools host 36th annual Jerry Starr SleepOut
- DOJ to investigate Memphis Police Department after Tyre Nichols’ fatal arrest: Mayor